Our Chef and her kitchen staff pride themselves on their ability to offer a delicious, healthy and well-balanced menu. At Stapleford Abbotts we cook on-site and the food is made from scratch. The hygiene rating for our kitchen is 5 star. Over 80% of our pupils have a school dinner every day. Our chef and her staff ensure that the menus meet all the current requirements. We try to cater for pupil allergies and please note that we are a nut-free school.
School dinners cost £2.50 per meal and must be paid online (contact the School Office for further details). You may pay on a weekly basis.
School meals are free to all EYFS and Key Stage 1 children in the UK.
Please note that if you provide a packed lunch for your child then remember that we are nut free school and expect packed lunches to be healthy and nutritious.
Free School Meals
In England, a Free School Meal (FSM) is a statutory benefit available to school-aged children from families who receive other qualifying benefits and who have been through the relevant registration process.
The qualifying criteria is as follows, the parents will still need to be in receipt of one of the following benefits to be considered eligible:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian are also eligible for free school meals.
It is important that parents register their children for free school meals if they are entitled as the school receives additional funding known as the Pupil Premium to support the children’s learning.
If you believe that your child is eligible for Free School Meals, please click here to use our Free School Meals Checker. Your Certificate of Eligibility will then need to be emailed to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org